Tuesday 12 May 2015

Total Eclipse


In my last post I mentioned how a black cloud had suddenly descended on me completely out of the blue.



One minute I had been fine, and the next minute I could've had a fight with a T-Rex and come out tops.



It was as if I was happily wandering around in the full sunshine with a brilliantly blue sky, and then the moon moved in front of the sun creating a total eclipse. A surreal darkness in the middle of the day. 

At best it could be described as a mood swing, and at worst, all my happy endorphins had deserted me and gone elsewhere.

It didn't make me into a horrible person. I remained polite, if somewhat icily, but the worst thing was the utter indifference that came over me. I just could not be bothered. All I did was shrug my shoulders and sigh. Everything from doing the laundry to mopping the kitchen floor became too much. I didn't even get any pleasure out of spending several hours outside in the sunshine weeding one of the flower beds.

Every now and again Dan would swat me on the behind and growl a warning. I just growled in reply until he backed off. Finally he gave me an almighty wallop that echoed throughout the kitchen and beyond which shocked me into silence as our son and his fiancee were in the little sitting room off the kitchen, and could hear everything. I was suitably mortified and I told Dan so.

But why was I acting like this? I can assure you it wasn't on purpose. I didn't wake up that morning and decide to win the 2015 Bratting Contest.

I think the real reason was that my endorphins really had run out. I hadn't been spanked for over a week, and although I wasn't actively trying to induce a spanking, I was feeling resentful and unsettled. 

I had really begun to think that we had come to the end of the road, and that Dan just wasn't interested in spanking me enough to continue.

Dan does not belong to the "Frequent Spankers' Club". He will never be one of those people who earn extra "Spanking Miles" for being a regular spanker.



His spankings tend to lunge from one end of the spectrum to the other. Very enjoyable, or very unenjoyable, with maybe a sliding scale of reminder spankings thrown into the middle. I adore the enjoyable spankings soooo much; I do not adore the unenjoyable spankings, even though I realise they are necessary, turn me around, create harmony in our home, fill me with endorphins and often give me a smile that goes from ear to ear.

Saturday's spanking was of the unenjoyable variety.

It went something like this.

Dan (sitting propped up on the headboard, slurping tea, and having just put the entire world to rights) "So, Ami, what have you got planned today?"

Ami (having drunk her coffee, snuggled down under the duvet with only her nose showing, and having a bit of a headache from a very late night the night before) "I was going to Quilting till I developed this extreme exhaustion and woke up to hear the rain. I think I'll just lie here for a bit."

Dan (pulling the duvet back from the aforesaid nose and exposing my nether regions due to the fact my nightie had ridden up in the night) "I don't think so. I think you need to be well spanked. I've had enough of your attitude and I know exactly how I'm going to get rid of it."



Ami (commencing on a tug of war to get the duvet back) "Attitude? Huh? What about your attitude?"

(This is not the right thing to say when you are a hair's breath away from a spanking.)

Dan (winning the fight over the duvet, and pushing me out of the bed) "Fetch an implement!"



Ami (whining) "Why can't you fetch your own stupid implement?"

(This is most definitely not the thing to say)



Dan (sitting up straight and looking like an angry moose) "Now!"

Ami (realising he is serious) "What would you like?"

Dan (scowling) "I really don't mind. Any of them will will do the job."



Ami (now nervously loitering by the front bedroom window and making inane comments about the garden and the birds outside) "Grrrrrrh" (That's meant to be a growling noise.)

Dan "Don't think I don't know that you are trying to stall for time. Get a move on!"



Ami (cautiously opening the second drawer down, sorting through her underwear and glaring at the implement collection, then picking up the Rose paddle) "Well, if you are giving me the choice, I pick this one. I hope you don't want two."


Dan (holding his hand out) "One will be fine for what I have in mind, thank you. Come here and get over my lap.

Ami (looking down and seeing something very large that wasn't there a short while before) "I think you are enjoying this. We haven't even started yet. How could you?!"

Dan (lunging forward and grabbing my nightie) "I don't like this. We'll dispense with this. I like to see you jiggle. (grabbing my arm) Over you go." 

Ami (reluctantly being disrobed and tugged forwards, bottom in a very vulnerable position and still feeling very whiny, trying to dig her feet under Dan's right leg and inadvertently kicking him in the balls, whereupon Dan momentarily folds up) "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Are you all right? I just don't want to kick you in the face."

Dan (recovering but with eyes still watering and now even more intent on justice than ever) "Just be careful. (He secures my right leg under his which means my legs are apart and my left leg is on top of his right leg, a position new to me as I cannot put my legs together as a means of defence, and one I immediately feel very wary about.) I will take care of your left leg, you needn't worry about it kicking me. It won't get the chance."

Ami (feeling very, very vulnerable, face buried in a pillow) "Now what are you doing?"

Dan "I'm putting a couple of pillows underneath you so your bottom is higher." (he tries out a goodly splat)

Ami (gasping anxiously and trying to wriggle, which is completely impossible.) "Don't I even get a warm up?"

Dan "That was my hand, Ami. I haven't started with the paddle yet. You will know when I do."

Ami "Are you sure it's your hand?"

Dan "It was the last time I looked."

Ami (trying to cope with the increasing speed of the spanks) "Well, it feels like the paddle. Owww!!! Dan!!! Too high, too high!" Owwww!!!

Dan (altering the tempo and moving his hand all over my bottom and the tops of my thighs) "You needn't start owwwwing yet. I've hardly started."

Ami (almost stunned into silence) "This is too hard for a warm up. Oh owww!"



Dan "No, it's not. It's doing a good job. I am completely fed up by your continual negativity. (I am positive his name is really Oddball - from Kelly's Heroes! It might well be, after that kick!) Perhaps this will reassure you that I haven't forgotten about you. Perhaps you will realise that sometimes I am simply too busy and have too many other things on my mind. It does not give you leave to have a go at me. I am fed up with it."

Ami (almost spontaneously combusting) "Shriek! Dan, are you sure you are using your hand."

Dan "I am. Now, just so you know the difference, this is the paddle, Ami."

Ami (fiercely putting both hands under the top of the duvet and gritting her teeth and wondering how anyone can possibly be expected to remain still under such a barrage) "Shriek! Yowl! Gasp! Shriek!"



Dan (actually coming out with the line you read everywhere in every story) "It's meant to hurt, and frankly, Ami, I intend it to. I want you to remember this spanking."

Ami (still yowling loud enough to be heard on the moon, and wondering if she will ever be able to sit again, and further wondering what her rear end is going to look like for the next week) "Help! Help!"

Dan (still spanking for England and now using one hand to stretch the skin and find little areas previously untouched - ever) "Help indeed. I intend administering lots of help. A nice deep red, I think."

This spanking seemed to go on for a long time. It was the sort of spanking I used to fantasise about. I shall never fantasise about them again. (I now know what it is to walk stiff-legged around the bedroom.) LOL.

Dan, having finished spanking me decided not to relinquish his HOH hat for a while. A whole lot of loving followed (quoting Katie here), complete with instructions. Whilst I was very happy to oblige, I was a little taken aback as some of the instructions felt like they were coming more from a Dom than an HOH. If men could strut, then Dan strutted, and that is all I can say. I just wish I was twenty years younger and rather more flexible. LOL.



I have now returned to my normal, euphoric state of mind. Calmer, happier and more able to cope. Dan went away Sunday afternoon as he was working a couple of hundred miles away for a day or two. Before he went he issued me with instructions to go to bed at 10pm and to ensure all windows and doors were locked and the car put away. He even rang to check on me as soon as he reached his destination.



As for my situpon, well, I couldn't situpon it without a cushion for the whole of Sunday, and even on Monday it was a little sore. Dan grabbed it just before he drove off and made me jump. "I hope it is good and bruised" he told me. The cheek of the man! Bruised indeed. He knows jolly well how bruised it is. Especially the right cheek. (I suppose that one is easier to spank). The arnica gel has had to make an appearance.

When I think how careful Dan used to be. LOL. 


I think this man of mine likes to keep me on my toes. Literally.


It's funny, but I will never learn. When I think he is completely indifferent, he always proves me wrong. When I think that we have reached the end of the road, another corner comes into sight and remaining inflexible isn't an option. 

I have to lean into it, or be leant over Dan's knee.

*************

While I am here, I must let you know that I am having a procedure on my right hand to try to 'free up' my thumb. Apparently I have got what is called "Trigger Finger" but it is in my thumb joint. They are going to inject cortisone and I am not allowed to use my hand for 48 hours. I do hope it will improve as I am having difficulty sewing and typing (using the spacebar) as well as not being able to open things; I keep dropping stuff as well. Also, we are going on holiday next weekend to visit with relatives, so I won't be around for a while. I will do my best to throw myself back into the fray when we return.

Until then, hugs to y'all!!!



26 comments:

  1. Ami,
    Your sullen, stormy attitude must be contagious because I've had it too and Gabe has had the same reaction--two days in a row!

    I'm glad peace has been restored and you had the realization that you aren't forgotten or neglected.

    Hugs, Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, and I truly hope this condition isn't "catching". LOL!

      Peace has most definitely been restored and everything is happily back to normal.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  2. Can I send Ray over to get some lessons from Dan?

    Good luck with your hand, hope it works and lasts. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could be certain Dan would continue in this way and pounce on my moods before they get full blown, I would feel a very happy woman, but Dan is Dan, and nothing I say will shift him from his path. I get a feeling that Ray is exactly the same. But the one thing we have to be happy about is that we are never bored, eh? LOL!

      Hand is hopeless - I feel like shooting all these so-called consultants on sight!

      Hugs
      Ami

      PS - Loved your latest book!!!

      Delete
  3. Ami,
    I love the spanking for England part. Amazing what a licking can do. A little soreness seems woth it.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mere, Yes, the results were good but I don't want an encore! Little soreness, indeed! You wait, I shall lend Jack our paddle one day just so he can try it out for results....

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  4. Be careful what you wish for...... When the man gets his hoh jo on, well the red booty feels it all.
    Hope your hand feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Never a truer word..." Sometimes Dan is like being caught up in a Force 9 gale!

      Thanks, Blondie.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  5. Ami, I think you have just written my next post for me!! That's all, snap!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am going right over to your Blog! Hope your bottom copes better than mine!

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh Ami, Dan seems to have grown into his HoH hat! My hubby does the skin stretching thing too. Glad you have your equilibrium restored. Good luck with fixing the thumb.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've made my day! I am so glad someone else understands what the skin stretching feels like! Just horrid! But I am glad things are back to normal.

      Thank you, Rosie for your kind comments.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  7. Peace has been restored. Your Dan certainly knows how to keep you on your toes Ami:)

    Good luck with the thumb and have a wonderful time with visiting your relatives.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "on your toes" business is so true, isn't it? Good grief!

      Thanks, Ronnie.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  8. Maybe I should learn from you and get a snarky attitude. I don't, I quietly go into myself and say the hell with it. He's not going to make a move if I don't push it. I'm with Jan, writing my own post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just depends, PK. I am a master at all things snarky, but it isn't something I am proud of. It's just that sometimes that blessed man of mine just gets under my skin! So perhaps you need to keep pushing. Just beware of the consequence of your actions. I don't want a repeat in a hurry. LOL!

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  9. Oh and I hope the procedure goes very well and you're back to sewing and typing very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody, bloody consultant surgeons!!!

      I am seeking a second opinion. Will let you know how I get on.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  10. Ami got a barn burner! And she bloody well deserved it! Sheesh...thinking that man of yours wasn't interested. Next time you start down that negative, snarky road Missus...I would strongly suggest you grab that paddle, lay yourself down and tell Dan..."I need...". Will save your tushie from a barn burner. ;) Sending lots of prayers and healing energy that your procedure goes well and your thumb is back in action soon. Take care of yourself.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear, for rubbing it in!!! I know what you are saying, but I used to do that, and got fed up with it. I felt like I was the one doing all the directing. I just wish Dan could think to put in the "occasional" spontaneous flurry. Perhaps he will one day. I can always keep hoping.

      Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers, Cat.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  11. Hi Ami, I can relate to the dark cloud. Glad Dan took action and showed you that he is interested and that peace had been restored. Ouch though, your poor butt! Loved his line about administering help lol.

    Wishing you the best for the procedure and hope your hand is better soon and hope you have a wonderful time away visiting.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz,

      When I think about what it was like when we first started using implements, and what it is like now - hahahaha! But strange that it is the best solution for my crabby streak.

      Am now seeking a further opinion on my hand, so nothing done to it as yet. But it is becoming quite difficult to operate normally, so I do hope something will transpire soon.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete
  12. Hi Ami! :) OUCH! Your poor bottom!!

    Sounds like Dan was 100 percent on to you, even though perhaps not as fast as you would have liked, maybe saving you from the big guns (or should I say walloping). You know, it is nice when they recognize and act accordingly on our bottoms. At the same time, I think guys certainly think different than us, and sometimes don't know that there is a need. When they realize it, we want to run for the hills. I try to tell Rob if I need one, or even think that I need one. He usually complies, but sometimes not. It still ends up being his decision, so I would not worry so much about pestering him for it. I always say that line that I learned in counseling once- "Tell him what you need." Then maybe it won't all bubble up to two days of standing around vs. a nice comfy sit in a chair. I bet that you get a lot done on those kind of standing days!!! LOL! I know them. HA!

    Do you get lots of daily swats? The reason that I am asking is because that is something that Rob does and I feel as though it keeps me let's call it "topped off" in the spanking department. Or maybe I should say, "Bottomed off"??? IDK!

    ALl for now. I am at my Mom's and promised myself a little time to try to get around the land a bit this morning. Mom did not react when I said hi to her yesterday afternoon. Sad stuff! Maybe I will get a little more something today, as I will be in there earlier in the day. Anyway, sorry to be so late in coming by Perpetual lateness. That's me! :( Loved your post! This stuff just works, no matter how it comes to pass. I am convinced of it all. Feel good. Hope that your hand is healing up well. Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!

      I think I answered your comment and your email in one fell swoop.

      Do I get lots of daily swats? Yes and no. I don't gets lots, but certainly more than I used to. And these days he seems to do them automatically, and he really embarrassed me the other day when he did it in front on someone who didn't half give us strange looks. He just did it without thinking! LOL! However, it certainly had its required effect!

      Sometimes they are just in fun, but sometimes I am very glad indeed to be wearing jeans! So pretty much like Rob, I think.

      As you know, we now have health issues with my MIL, so I am finding it difficult to keep up with all the happenings around Blogland the same as you.

      I think I told you I am going for a second opinion on my hand, so nothing has yet been done to it. But it is certainly becoming difficult to do simple things like type, use scissors, undo jars - the list is endless. Sigh. Shoulder will be dealt with next Tuesday morning, with a physio session immediately afterwards. Squeak! Am not looking forward to it.

      Many hugs and love back
      Ami

      Delete
  13. Wow, I just found this post! I don't know how I reached 50 years old and never heard about Kelly's Heroes before! Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actors of all time. Sorry to hear about your trigger finger situation, I hope your second opinion helps. Love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly's Heroes is one of my very favourite Clint Eastwood films. It came out way back in the '70s. You MUST get hold of it as it is just brilliant, and SO funny! (Showing my age here I guess!)

      Thank you for dropping by to read and comment.

      Hugs
      Ami

      Delete