Wednesday 19 June 2013

Anastasia Vitsky - Lighting the Way

Ana placed me in a position of enormous trust when she asked me recently to read her new book and write a review.  Although I had concerns about my ability to do so, it was quite simply beautiful, and a pleasure to read.

"Exclamation marks are bad form!  I have read about editors who immediately throw a manuscript in the bin if they encounter too many exclamation marks!

However, all I can say is that having read Lighting the Way by Anastasia Vitsky, my exclamation marks are going to be out in full force!

Without doubt her writing simply gets better and better with each story she writes.  She effortlessly weaves interaction between her main characters Kat and Natalie, into different moments in time, as they continue their journey towards truth and self-realisation.

In essence, it is a tender love story - the growth of an all-encompassing love that flourishes between two best friends.  Maybe not of the bodice-ripping variety, but of the deeply stirring type, that causes the reader to sigh and take deep breaths as emotion is piled on top of emotion.

That fact that spankings contained in the story can sometimes be viewed as harsh and ill-considered beckons the reader to look beyond those actions, to the advice imparted by a character portrayed as older and more experienced in life and what it has to offer.  This acts as a catalyst, a turning point, a pivotal moment, welding together the cracks in Kat's life and reigniting the spark of her love and friendship with Natalie into a bright and steady flame, which lights their way into a future neither had previously contemplated."

All I can say is, I can't wait for Ana to finish the next book in the series!  If you haven't ordered a copy, then I urge you to do so.  You will love it too!


10 comments:

  1. Ana has done a beautiful job with her books. I love them because they show that loving and caring come from the individuals. This caring can come from males or females or any combination there of. Loving and caring knows no gender, or even age.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Ana's books. They are full of life. Each word stirs our senses and includes us in the emotional complexities of human love, regardless of the sex. It is a talented person who can do this so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you say, too!

      Hugs

      Ami

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to reading some over the summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend them Terps, although I have a very soft spot for Mrs Claus because that was the first 'Ana' book I read!

      Hugs

      Ami

      Delete
  4. Hi Ami,

    Sorry I am late to this. You may have had concerns about writing this review, I know I did when I reviewed the anthology Coming to Terms, but you did a fantastic job. This is a great review that gives a good background to the book.

    Ana is indeed such a talent author and I agree with PK and Minelle.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Roz. I was very worried to begin with, but then I just spoke from the heart and hoped everyone would understand.

      Hugs

      Ami

      Delete
  5. Ami, I thought I had left you a message already. Sorry to be so late! Thank you so much for this lovely review, and thank you for being so open-hearted about Kat and Natalie. I'm excited to write book three, and I hope that you will like that as much as you enjoyed this one. Thank you, Ami!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I didn't expect you to comment because you had already emailed me. I'm just glad you thought it was satisfactory.

      Hugs

      Ami

      Delete